KBU Prom Night 2009

By Zuliana :)


Glamorous au naturel, that was the theme for this year’s prom. Held at One World Hotel’s Ruby Ballroom on 20th March 2009, the event was attended by approximately 300 students. Claimed to be the first prom to go ‘green’, the event aimed to create awareness on global warming issues. Quite cute I must say, as they even prepared small booklets with tips on how to reduce our carbon footprint and also a small write up on Earth Hour 2009.

Image courtesy Cassie Ho

As the event was said to begin at 6.09 pm (kinda weird if you ask me…), I got myself there early. And besides, being ‘fashionably late’ ain’t really my kinda thing… Haha

And yes, everyone looked glamorous indeed! :-D It was nice seeing my class mates all dressed up and stuff for a change.. Heehee


After the arrival of guests, the opening ceremony began with speeches by Dato’ Teo, the Chief Executive of KBU International College, followed by Charman Singh, Student Council President. This was followed by the International buffet spread (my fave part!)..

The night was filled with activities to keep everyone entertained, with lucky draw prizes given away through out the meal and also games.. Martin was ‘lucky’ enough to be selected to take part in one of the games.. Pretty embarrassing if you ask me! Hahah

(Webmaster: no photos of him in the game unfortunately.. ><" Anyone willing to sponsor? ;p)


The Prom King and Queen nominees performed for the guests and I’m proud to say that two out of three of this year’s nominees were from the School of Design, more specifically from IAD! :-D Woot! Yes, if you didn’t know, they’re Keith+Kristie and Swee Chuan+Lily.. Great performance by both of the couples!

Keith+Kristie+Zizi

Swee Chuan+Lily
Image courtesy Huey Lye

Keith and Kristie's performance
Image courtesy Keith

Swee Chuan and Lily's performance
Image courtesy Winnie Lee

At the end of the night, the winners were announced and once again I wish to congratulate Keith and Kristie for being awarded Prom King and Prom Queen for 2009!

With the hosts and the 1st runner up Engineering students
Image courtesy MunWai Angus Loke

I didn’t attend the previous years’ proms, (saving it for my final year..) but I can see a lot of effort has been put into this one! From the planning, promotions and decorations, everything was just great! So yes, thanks to the members of KBU’s Student Council for making it a night to remember! We final year students really needed it… ;-)

Image courtesy Huey Lye

PS: Any volunteers wanna blog about the after party? LOL x)